Photo Album and Scrapbook Scanning
Preserve Your Family Photo AlbumsThis service is for albums from which photos cannot be removed, or for album pages that have notes on the pages that you wish to preserve.
Old photo albums tell us the stories of our past. They remind of us of our heroes, and help us appreciate where we came from. Album scanning creates digital images that can be viewed in great detail. The connection with the past comes alive when you see familiar places and family resemblances.
What you get:
- A digital image file for each scanned page.
- A digital image file for any photo(s) you've chosen to have isolated from any page(s).
- Optional: A .pdf file of all the album pages (an easy and convenient way to view the album digitally).
- Optional: A video file (mp4) of the album pages. You can pause, advance, or go back.
- Optional: A Digital Flipbook - turn the virtual pages of your digital album.
View the sample on the Digital Flipbooks page
What Can Be Scanned?
- Individual photo album or scrapbook pages measuring up to 18" x 12".
- Newspaper clipping, documents and certificates.
- Maps, fabric...anything that can be laid on the scanner.
Deciding What To ScanYou may not want or need to have every page of an album scanned. I can isolate your favourite or most important photos from a page, even if you do not want the image of the full page. Those photos are saved as separate image files.
Colour ImprovementPhoto album scanning services include improving the look of pages and photos. The photos in old albums can become yellowed, faded, or discoloured.
This is not complete image restoration. If you want to frame a treasured photo, consider having the digital image professionally edited. You will receive unedited and colour-improved versions of all your images.
Image Enhancement Before & After Samples